Learning Squeak

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 24 01:00:42 UTC 2002

Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> is widely believed to have written:

> > Either or both of you are most welcome to fix my problems with getting
> > things running decently on _my_ linux box :-)
>
> Whatcha got running over there ?
RedHat 7.1. It was no fun whatsoever to install or get working. It
doesn't install linuxconf, but does refer you to it to set things up. It
doesn't make sounds for squeak - and the sndconfig program I was pointed
to to try to fix that isn't there. Getting the network stuff to an
acceptable state was a nightmare. A horrible experience all in all. I
still can't make any sense out of how to install appletalk support.

I'm sure there's lots of good stuff in there but the annoyances
outweigh the pleasures by a significant factor.

tim

Exclusive: We're the only ones who have the documentation.