Unix: update #4640 crash. Also,VMMaker problem.

Steve Swerling sps2000 at mail.com
Thu Jan 24 15:49:54 UTC 2002

Tim Rowledge wrote:
[snip]
> >  1. Start up the 4599 image.
> (I'll assume you mean an image with the largefiles stuff as well?)

Er, nope.

[snip]
> If you do that I would expect to see the error message telling you that
> the internal plugin cannot be built; you won't have generated the core
> vm and therefore the exports file will not be safely generable.

You mean you actually have to know what you are doing? What's an exports
file? I don't know much about building the vm (but I know what I like).
However, I was compelled to burn one because I wanted to get the latest
image running. The nice thing to me about VMMakerTool is the sense that
you push a button, and presto chango, out comes a vm. It's almost
there.  I read the help docs, but if there were instructions about
generating the core vm first they must have gone in one eye and out
the other.

Again, thanks for the help...