[OT] Re: Linux woes (was Re: Learning Squeak)

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Thu Jan 24 16:26:41 UTC 2002

[Sorry about continuing this OT thread]

I was considering Debian, but it appeared to me that several packages
were a bit outdated.  It also seemed like they aren't up to the 2.4
kernel yet (which I need).  When I read a little more, I found a lot of
discussion about the quality of Debian  starting to suffer and
complaints about them not being able to keep up with the latest
packages.

Are these valid issues?

- Stephen