Encourage faculty to come to workshop!

Editor - Squeak News editor at squeaknews.com
Fri Jan 25 01:26:26 UTC 2002

> It would really be appreciated if lectures and demos etc were recorded and
transcribed
> for broad ditsribution.
>
> Thanks
> Gary

This is a very good idea! I was going to suggest that we publish the
Workshop material in our new publishing venture. Perhaps we could add a CD
or two to include video clips, the systems explained, code, etc.
We could come up with good cover art and professional binding and fetch an
ISBN so it will turn out to a reference material and yet another Squeak
book.

This can be ready shipping within a few days after we received the material
and done some minimal editing-organizing for print.

If you would like us to organize that please let me know ASAP so I can
organize reserving the ISBN. I'll need the title and the list of the
authors.

BTW it would cost much less than a proceedings published by a traditional
publisher and we could make the PDF and the CD contents available for people
who can't afford to buy it to download.

Cheers,

Tansel

Tansel Ersavas,