Set versus IdentitySet

Göran Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 25 08:57:05 UTC 2002

Hi guys!

--- Bijan Parsia <bparsia at email.unc.edu> wrote:
[SNIP]
> (Is there a way to get the bytesize of an object in memory?)

Again I refer to my CSOTD from the other day about ImageSegments. There is a method
called #doSpaceAnalysis which will tell you instance counts, total size etc. Nice.

> I'm not clear on RefStream vs. ImageSegments? Saving the image, thus far,
> the *clear* super speed winner. It takes seconds whereas the alternatives
> I've thus far tried take minutes at the least.

ImageSegments are much faster than RefStreams, which is quite natural given how
they are implemented.

regards, Göran

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
"Department of Redundancy department." -- ThinkGeek