Set versus IdentitySet

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Jan 25 14:05:35 UTC 2002

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Bijan Parsia wrote:

> If I were running a server, I'd *seriously* consider a superduper shrunk
> image (or even just a reasonably trimmed image) running on a separate vm,

Instance. VM instance.

Another example. One reason that Celeste serializes the index and the
categories (less so for the categories) is not to have all that data
"bloating" your image. I.e., when you close Celeste, all the data goes
away.

If you don't have Celeste open all the time, it may make as much sense to
launch it in a different image, a celeste specific one. Not *that* hard to
make it only a few meg overhead for the base image. In that Celeste
specific image, you can keep the whole huge full text index, and
persistence is a simple snapshot.

I do have some ideas for more fine grained stuff, fwiw ;)

I'm just really really really really impressed with how fast snapshotting
is.

Cheers,
Bijan