Building JPEG plugin for Mac OS X

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Jan 26 01:38:12 UTC 2002

>When trying to build a JPEG plugin using ProjectBuilder for Mac OS X,
>everything builds, but when linking the bundle I get the error that the
>following symbols are undefined:
>
>_error_exit
>_jpeg_mem_dest
>_jpeg_mem_src
>_jpeg_mem_src_newLocationOfData
>
>Interestingly, none of these symbols exist anywhere in the source code I
>got from jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz.  They are only used in the generated plugin.
>When I look at
>JPEGReadWriter2Plugin>>primJPEGReadHeader:fromByteArray:errorMgr:
>
>I see that these are being emiited directly into the C code.
>
>Has anyone else gotten this to work?  Did I leave out a step in plugin
>generation?
>
>-Eric

MMm in review my source it seems these
void error_exit (j_common_ptr cinfo);
GLOBAL(void) jpeg_mem_src (j_decompress_ptr cinfo, char *
pSourceData, unsigned sourceDataSize);
GLOBAL(int) jpeg_mem_src_newLocationOfData (j_decompress_ptr cinfo,
char * pSourceData, unsigned sourceDataSize);
GLOBAL(void) jpeg_mem_dest (j_compress_ptr cinfo, char *
pDestination, unsigned *pDestinationSize);

are defined in the JPEGReadWriter2Plugin.h
and
in jmemdatasrc.c

But I think they've not got promoted to source forge... I'll do that
in a few hours because I'm just heading out the door for dinner.