Windows portability, was: [ENH][GOODIE] UnixFileDirectoryPlugin (version 1.2)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jan 26 18:20:15 UTC 2002

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 10:11:20AM -0500, David T. Lewis wrote:

> UnixFileDirectoryPlugin provides a significant improvement in
> directory access speed on platforms with Posix style directory
> streams. It provides primitives for access to opendir(), readdir()
> and related calls, as well as stat() calls on named files.

Well, I don't know squat about Windows programming, but just for the
heck of it I tried compiling UnixDirectoryPlugin under Windows. After
stubbing out a call to a routine in sqXWindows.c, #define lstat stat,
and a quick hack to the Makefile.MING32 file, the darned thing just up
and worked.

Sorry about replying to my own post, but I thought this was interesting
and unexpected.

Dave