[OT] Re: Linux woes (was Re: Learning Squeak)

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 15:42:17 UTC 2002

Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As has been stated Debian comes in basically three flavors. But they can
> be mixed. The difficulty depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
>
> I like current software. Linux is moving so fast that a lot of times
> what you want is what is out now. That is a problem with the "current"
> stable Potato.

//big snip//

For me, that remains an issue as only Potato seems to be available as a
diskpack and I don't have a broadband connection. And even if all 3
diskpacks were there (so I could mix and match and not have to worry
about bandwidth) I'd be looking at the same kind of price as a SuSE 7.3
upgrade edition (the full distro sans printed books).

A better compromise might be to make Woody the diskpack
version..........

Cheers

John
--
They're afraid, very afraid......
According to CRN magazine, Microsoft staff discovering Linux in use