A Squeak version of "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist"

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Tue Jan 29 04:19:00 UTC 2002

Hola fellow Squeakers,

A few days ago, I saw in the FSF e-zine, a review
(http://www.free-soft.org/FSM/english/issue01/bookreview.html) of an
"open-source textbook" called "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist"
(http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCS.html).  HTLCS is interesting because
there are versions for Python, Java, and C++.  Naturally, I think it'd be
great to have a Squeak version.

Normally, I'm not much into collaboration on a project, I admit.  But
these days, I'm a lot busier than I'd need to be to tackle a project like
this.  Is there another person or two who would be interested in giving me
a hand to Squeakify this text, introducing a Squeak book that would be
pretty comprehensive for beginners?

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn