[OT] Astrid Lindgren has passed away

Maarten Maartensz maartens at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 29 21:00:16 UTC 2002

Hello Goran and Stephane,

It IS totally [OT], but I completely agree with your feelings about Astrid
Lindgren. Unfortunately, to my knowledge one MUST be alive to receive a
Nobel Prize. Yes, it's a pity: Great woman.

As regards Stephane's new book on Squeak: As I said, I like it (and I read
all chapters on line), and I'd like to see it translated. Ivan Tomek made
an offer to help, if I recall well. What happened to it?

Some people may get too critical too easily but "Et j'espere ne jamais etre
en contact physique avec vous." may be good French but seems a bit strong.

Regards,

Maarten.