[ANN]Squeaker of the year award nominations

Editor - Squeak News editor at squeaknews.com
Thu Jan 31 16:34:34 UTC 2002

Announcing: The first ever SqueakNews Squeak Developer of the year Award
Nominations in by: 10th February, 2002
Announcement:  16th February, 2002

Squeak News is introducing a yearly award for the person/s who contributed
to Squeak significantly. This year we'll have a very informal and rush
selection.

We will exclude SqC members in order to save the awards for the rest of us
mortals (They are only eligible for lifetime achievement awards). Also
SqueakNews employees and management  are excluded :(.  However excluded
people can still nominate others. (our authors and volunteers are
independent of Squeak News and they CAN be nominated). The panel again will
be formed very informally from among SqueakNews employees and management,
interested SqC members, members of the Squeak community and other prominent
people who have maintaned interest in Squeak.

In order to be eligible a person or persons and their work must be nominated
by an individual or a group of individuals. You can nominate yourself and
your own work. We do not accept anonymous nominations.

Please send your nominations including the following information to:

Person(s) nominated:

The Work(s) that the person(s) has(have) contributed before February 2002:

Why is the work significant:

Any other reasons for the nomination:

The Nominator:

I, the nominator nominate the following person(s) for the above reasons.

Name:

Email: (a valid email is required, we will verify the nomination with the
given email).

Contact Number and best times: (will be used only in the case that we can't
contact you via email, or we need to clarify something quickly)

the editor at: mailto:editor at squeaknews.com?subject=2001_SqueakNews_Award

or, print and fax your nomination to:

+1 212 208 4454

The information collected here will strictly be used for the nomination
purposes and will be destroyed after the selection is over.

Nominations from more than one person/group may increase chances of the
nominee(s) but will not guarantee a selection. If we receive a significant
number of nominations for one person/group, we may introduce a "Most Popular
Person/Achievement" award for them.

In addition the *first* 3 nominators of the award winner will receive a 1
year SqueakNews subscription.

The Reward: The person(s) will receive a groovy certificate of award and a
small statue which will include a real piece of antique core memory
(signifying their core contributions to Squeak and our rememberance of their
contributions) that they can display prominently. They will also receive a
lifetime subscription to SqueakNews, an article and a permanent web page
describing the achievements and the award, and links to their work(s).

If you would like to be in the selection panel please email me. We can not
include people nominated as panel members.

Tansel Ersavas
Editor, Squeak News
http://www.squeaknews.com