Command/control key mapping

Harry Chesley chesley at acm.org
Thu Jan 31 18:30:55 UTC 2002

I recall a discussion on the list a while ago about allowing Windows
users to use control- rather than alt-. I don't recall whether there was
any final resolution (i.e., code) posted. I looked in the Squeak Fixes
archives, but didn't see it.

At the time, I thought I'd wait and hope it makes it into the official
image, but as my Squeak usage approaches 50% of my time on the computer,
I find my muscle memory is approaching a state of maximal confusion...

I'd be quite happy with something that swapped control- and alt-, or
with something allowed the core commands (x, c, v, z, s, l) to be used
with either control- or alt-.

To avoid unnecessary traffic on the list, perhaps it would be best to
reply directly to me on this. I'll post a summary answer to the list.

Thanks.