About the Registering File list

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Thu Jan 31 18:35:31 UTC 2002

Ned sed:
> I'm in favor of letting the reader classes decide:
>
> * whether they're going to handle a specific file or not (not just by
suffix!)

I second this - there are a couple of cases where a simple single file
suffix is insufficient.  Not only are there multiple suffixes that could be
a single file type, but there are potentially multiple intepretations of a
particular suffix.

For instance, a while back I wrote some code to handle fileIns of compressed
changesets, which have the suffix '.cs.gz'.  It would be nice if we could
produce the fileIn menu item if that's the extension, but not if it's simply
'.gz'.

-- Duane