Do some good for the world; make M$ irrelevant

Edmund Ronald eronald at cmapx.polytechnique.fr
Wed Jul 3 08:03:29 UTC 2002

Let's count 1 year to map out the technology, 1 year to fab it, 1 year to
get a significant numer of these out there - that makes 3 (three) years.
By that time every single cellular phone on the planet will have a
built-in MP3 player, every PDA too, and those are where rights management
will be an issue. The phones management will be incompatible with the M$
stuff, half the PC software won't work (it comes from MS, a company not
known for technical excellence). the half of the PC rights management
software that works will have IIS-type *minor* security holes etc. Let
them waste their time and energy on this doomed enterprise- we have better
things to do.

Edmund