Jython vs Squeak for teaching multimedia

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Fri Jul 5 15:14:10 UTC 2002

Well, I always thought of this method as kind of "reverse-psychology" in
a way...although the original design was "imaginary", they had us impliment
the design in FORTRAN-77.  Either way, the "frustration" of wanting to
do more actually drove students to re-impliment their assignments in other
languages.

I think a typical lab assignment was usually filled with "hey, I can
do it THIS way in Pascal," or "Blasted FORTRAN!  I this is how I could
do it in C instead!"  I'm not sure if this was the true goal of the instructor,
however...

[snip]