Squeak.org Website (Was Re: Will StrongTalk revitalize Smalltalk ?)

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Jul 6 18:19:21 UTC 2002

Russell Allen wrote:

> (There is, of course, a link from squeak.org to the swiki)

(As someone pointed out, it's almost as easy to find as the plans for
the bypass that cost someone in the Hitchiker's Guide his house and a
couple of billion someone elses their planet. Well, he pointed it out
with a lot less hyperbole ;-)).

> The only problem that I can see is the question of hosting - does minnow
> have the capacity to serve out the traffic that squeak.org gets?
> Alternatively, does the machine squeak.org is currently on have the
> ability to run a swiki?

Easy: render the thing. Put the rendered version on Squeak.org (and
nl.squeak.org, de.squeak.org, ...). Have a link on the rendered pages
that points back to minnow so people will have no trouble finding the
original versions.

Rendering can be done with a oneliner cronjob on Minnow (wget
--httpuser=foo --httppasswd=bar http://localhost/squeak/render, or
something to that effect), and from there normal Apache servers and
mirroring scripts can take over.