AlignmentMorph obsolete so what do I use?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Jul 7 15:19:47 UTC 2002

On Saturday 06 July 2002 07:59 am, Jerome Chan wrote:
> Since AlignmentMorph is now obsolete what Morph should I use to
> make a horizontal collection of ButtonMorphs? I am building a
> SystemWindow with 2 panes. The top pane is a PluggableListMorph for
> data selection and the bottom pane a row of ButtonMorphs for
> adding, editing and removing the items listed in the top pane.
>
> Right now I am using RectangleMorph. Or should I just continue
> using AlignmentMorph?

Why do you need a parent morph at all? Just add framing specs for each
of the buttons...

Anyway, you need to ask yourself:
* do you need a separate background color
* do you need a border

If the answer to either of the two is "yes", then use a Morph as a
parent.

Anyway, there's still 232 references to AlignmentMorph in my image; I
don't think it's going away anytime soon.

If you're using the RectangleMorph successfully, there's nothing wrong
with using it.

However, if you want to change from AlignmentMorph, just do this:

	myMorph layoutPolicy: TableLayout new.
	myMorph listDirection: #leftToRight.
	myMorph hResizing: #spaceFill.
	myMorph vResizing: #spaceFill.
	myMorph cellInset: 2. "or whatever you want"
	myMorph layoutInset: 4. "or whatever you want"

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com