slices (was: objectification)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Jul 9 19:35:24 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 04:33, David Simmons wrote:
> [lots of neat slice examples in SmallScript]

That's great! It looks far better than what I had proposed, but isn't as
"objectified". In a scripting environment (what I call a "blueprint
system") syntax is a major consideration and you did a really nice job.

My own interest is in what I call "living systems" (which have
persistent, hand crafted objects) and so I don't worry about syntax too
much - the programming environment can hide a lot of the ugliness.

Cheers,
-- Jecel