Improving the aesthetics and usability of Squeak

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Tue Jul 9 23:54:31 UTC 2002

> No thanks...I don't want it that bad.  ;)

Ah, c'mon. You are one of the few people who could actually pull it off.
BTW, I noticed something cute in StrongTalk - for callbacks they pass a
pointer to stack back into the handler which you then use to access the
arguments. I found this a pretty elegant solution because it prevents
excessive type coercions from the callback instances. Using this trick
it seems pretty possible just to have a "fixed number" of callback
instances (say, 128 or so since they'd be tiny) and handle everything
without any native code generation. Nifty stuff.

Cheers,
  - Andreas