[BUG] reloading projects results in mangled images

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jul 10 14:57:34 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 05:30 am, Hans Baveco Saskia Visser wrote:
> I am still wrestling with <see subject>. As a test I have produced
> a simple project file that contains 1 image (gif).
> While in the project file the gifis intact (checked with winzip),
> in a loaded project it shows up as a black rectangle.... At least,
> I can't find a way to let it appear as it should...
>
> Project created with (the latest) squeak3.2gamma5.image using the
> squeak3.2.2.exe on windows 98.
>
> Maybe somebody can load this project and test whether loading leads
> to the same problem on other systems?

It does on mine. If you look at the resultant ColorForm, you'll see
that its colorMap has entries 1-19 that look relatively normal, and
entries 20-256 that are all 1 (which is the nearly-black color you
see on most of the pixels). Actually, since the corners are rounded,
at least the transparent color came through.

If I ask the ColorForm if it hasNonStandardPalette it answers false.

However, if I tell it:
self colors: nil; clearColormapCache; ensureColorArrayExists.

then I see something about a carabid beetle. With a light blue
background.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com