Squeak as a desktop - needs ssh

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Jul 10 19:58:09 UTC 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Patrick Curtain wrote:

> Agreed!  I'm surprised at how much of my day's effort I can complete
> staying in squeak.  On my end, though, the terminal app will need secure
> shell support, ssh, to be useful.
>
> Is this on anyone's radar?  Anyone already working on it?

Indeed, SSHing from Squeak would be great.  Heck, tunneling anything from
Squeak over SSL would be great.

I get around this pretty simply.  I open up a telnet connection to my
local machine, from which I ssh to wheverever I need. Works for me, but
obviously wouldn't if you were under WinDOS or something.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "the end of the human race will be that it will eventually
      die of civilization. "                          :: r. w. emerson