Harvesters Update (was Re: Improving the aesthetics and usability of Squeak)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Jul 11 22:36:55 UTC 2002

Peter Schuller wrote:

> > Have you seen:
> > http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/45
>
> No I haven't, thanks!

I should give a brief update of what the Harvesters have been doing for the last few months, since there haven't been any fixes/enhancements from the list which have gone through the regular harvesting process to become [updates] in quite awhile.

There has been some sporadic harvesting activity going on, but not as much as we'd like.  Much of this is due to the fact that I was busy for awhile moving to a new city, and I'm just now getting back to spending more time on Squeak.  Also, a few new harvesters were recruited, but I haven't been bugging them enough yet. :)

Actually, Luciano N. and myself each harvested a bundle of enhancements for 3.3alpha, but they haven't been incorporated by Squeak Central yet.  This may because the 3.2 final release issue needed to be resolved first.

(The harvesting process doesn't attempt to cover most of the work currently being done on modules.  Also, the harvesting process itself will probably change somewhat once the image is more fully partitioned into separatable modules.)

Anyway, once 3.2 is finalized by Squeak Central, I'll get on the case and we should see some renewed activity with harvesting items for 3.3alpha.

- Doug Way
  Detroit, MI