Squeak as a desktop

Stan Heckman stan at stanheckman.com
Fri Jul 12 00:46:32 UTC 2002

Aaron, is there some trick to getting Squeak to update the display in
Ion? If so, are you willing to tell? I initially get a black
screen. If I create some damage by dragging one of Ion's tabs across
the window, the damaged areas get repainted with what I recognize as
my Squeak workspace. If I click on Squeak's desktop to open a world
menu, I don't see any effect, but if I then drag a tab across the area
where the menu should be, I can choose "restore display", which does
paint the whole screen in whatever size is Ion has given to
Squeak. Unfortunately, it is a static painting; if I type or mouse
again, I see no result until I create some damage over the area of the
display that should have changed.

3.2 gamma, update 4889, Debian Linux, Intel

Given that I'm new to Ion, and given that Squeak works just fine for
me in Sawfish, this is probably an Ion question, not a Squeak
question. Back to Sawfish for now.

--
Stan