[VM] [UNIX] Can't configure VM anymore... help!

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Jul 14 19:19:09 UTC 2002

On Sunday 14 July 2002 10:56 am, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Saturday 13 July 2002 01:05 pm, I wrote:
> > I haven't a clue where to start looking for this problem.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > $ automake --version
> > automake (GNU automake) 1.6.1
> >
> > $ autoconf --version
> > autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
> >
> > $ make --version
> > GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
> > Built for i386-redhat-linux-gnu
> >
> > $ rpm -q libtool
> > libtool-1.4.2-7
>
> I tracked this down to tool version dependencies.
>
> For this to work, you MUST HAVE:
>
> autoconf 2.13
> automake 1.4

But even with those versions, I still get:

libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.4a'
Fatal configuration error.  See the libtool docs for more information.
make: *** [squeak] Error 1

Note that my version of libtool is the same as the one that Ian used.
I finally had to do this:

$ LTCONFIG_VERSION=1.4a make

And then I got an undefined reference to sqSecFileAccessCallback from
the DropPlugin.

I finally made Security and Drop external. I don't know if that'll
run, but at least it doesn't complain.

Now I'm finally getting to my *own* compiler errors <g>...

BTW, I'm also seeing this complaint:

gcc -I/usr/X11R6/include -g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DLSB_FIRST=1
-export-dynamic -R/usr/local/lib -c -o version.o version.c
gcc: unrecognized option `-R/usr/local/lib'

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com