Restricting the scope for the compiler?

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Sun Jul 14 22:52:37 UTC 2002

Tim,

> > Trivial to do - just implement #scopeHas:ifTrue: in the right plac
> Thanks - looks like an excellent place to trap things. IIUIC I should
> even be able to allow a few globals through.
>
> Whilst looking around that area I spotted a couple of odd seeming
> methods and simply added a comment to mark what seems odd to me.
> Attached...

None of these have any meaning whatsoever in the context of what you are
doing. Specifically:
* literalScannedAs:notifying: is effectively obsolete. It used to serve
a purpose which the parser itself won't let through these days (e.g.,
any of ######foo forms).
* scopeHas:ifTrue: really does not need to look for strings (in fact, I
just rewrote and removed this stuff for the modules)
* lookupInPools:ifFound: only uses the above two so there's nothing
special about it
* browse/rewriteIndirectRefs I don't even know what they're doing - they
are most certainly not used in any interesting place.

Cheers,
  - Andreas