Where does the time go?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Jul 15 03:36:38 UTC 2002

On Sunday 14 July 2002 04:59 pm, Ross Boylan wrote:
> Tenative theory: if I made my classes hang onto their dependents,
> instead of fishing them out of system-wide dictionaries, life would
> be smoother.  Since I'm using two types of dependency mechanisms,
> and since some of the offenders are subclasses of Morph, simply
> subclassing Model or EventModel may not suffice.  Also, if some of
> the problem is with existing classes (e.g., SystemWindow) it might
> be a little tougher to do the surgery.

Morphs already have their own #myEvents property.

It's trivial to make them have their own #myDependents property:

Morph>>myDependents
	^self valueOfProperty: #myDependents

Morph>>myDependents: deps
	self setProperty: #myDependents toValue: deps

See if that doesn't help somewhat...

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com