[Squeak] Need for GUI-Building-Tool

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 11:52:31 UTC 2002

On Monday 15 Jul 2002 11:02 am, Diego Gomez Deck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [snip]
>
> >P.S.: I like squeak. But some on this list have the "linuxguru syndrome".
>
> Yes... I feel the same. :(

Hmmm. There is Bob's UI. No-one seems to have the time or energy to develop it
further. Please God, Squeak will never be like Visual Basic, but I see no
real harm in a simple way of putting up relatively standard widgets. Perhaps
someone who likes standardised widgets could put in the time and effort?
Alternatively, there is Visual Works............

There is a fair bit of documentation in the form of tutorials. These seem to
me a pretty good place to start. There's Mark's "white" book. There's a
lovely tutorial by John Maloney in the nu blue book.

I've found that the best way of finding out if such and such a morph will do
the job is to try it.

Strangely, most of the useful advice I've had has come from *nix gurus. Let's
hope the syndrome spreads!

Cheers

John