Squeak on WinCE HPC MIPS?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jul 16 00:00:42 UTC 2002

On Monday 15 July 2002 04:27 pm, Aaron J Reichow wrote:
> 'ullo all!
>
> Out of WinCE Squeak users here, I imagine most are using iPAQs.  I
> am curious if there is anyone using Squeak on top of WinCE 2.11 on
> a MIPS processor successfully. I am thinking about getting a NEC
> MobilePro 770-790, mostly to get keyboard, bigger screen, and VGA
> out, but before I do so, I want to make sure Squeak works fine on
> it, as Squeak is what I'm running 75% of the time I'm on my iPAQ
> now.
>
> Since I am considering getting a NEC MobilePro, I am looking to
> sell my iPAQ 3150 and iPAQ Compact Flash sleeve.  This iPAQ has
> been what I've been using for Dynapad development and runs Squeak
> pretty well.  Before I take it to eBay, if there's anyone vaguely
> interested in it, send me an email and I can reply with
> information.

I have a MobilePro 770.

The MobilePro 770 is quite slow running Squeak for some reason.

At least Morphic seems to be, anyway; and since that's what I'm most
interested in, that's my concern.

Maybe it's because I'm running from a CF card, though that shouldn't
make a difference once the image starts up.

How have you gotten around the window sizing problems with the touch
screen? They've annoyed me enough (even in MVC) that I don't use
Squeak on the WinCE machine, even though I'd like to.

Do you have an image somewhere you'd like to try? I could download it
and try it with some version of the Squeak VM...

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com