Squeak on WinCE HPC MIPS?

reic0024 at d.umn.edu reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Jul 15 19:26:44 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> On Monday 15 July 2002 10:45 am, reic0024 at d.umn.edu wrote:
> > > 0 tinyBenchmarks => 3389830 bytecodes/sec; 90541 sends/sec
> >
> > On my 206 MHz iPAQ, I get 4739336 bytecodes/sec; 386492 sends/sec.
> > Perhaps I should look into getting an optmized GNU VM- your 131 MH
> > machine gets twice the bytecodes/sec than my 206 MHz StrongARM. Is
> > there any page up about the procedure behind that?
>
> How do you figure that? Your machine is 40% faster on the
> bytecodes/second, and 327% faster on the sends/second.

Ugh, oh my clouded brain.

I thought you had said that your un-optomized VM was going at about 3.4
mil bytecodes/sec, and your optimized VM was going at about 10 mil
bytecodes/sec.  Must've been the opposite way, with an order of
magnitude down (1 mil b/s unoptimized, 3.4 optimized). D'oh!

Regards,
Aaron