[Squeak] Need for GUI-Building-Tool

Edmund Ronald eronald at cmapx.polytechnique.fr
Tue Jul 16 07:37:05 UTC 2002

I was hoping that Squeak would be as practicable as Hypercard. I never
understood why HyperCard wnet under, there were zillions of user-scripts
(stacks) floating around. I just wish the stacks feature of Squeak would
become as useable, but it will doubtless be left to lie in there
half-finished in this gigantic museum of interface archeology that Squeak
is turning into.

As for documentation - pshaww! I have written some working code (an
optimizer) with no difficulty after reading the Objectland book and
looking at the purple book. But I still cannot figure out how to do things
with Morphic , because I don't understand the system architecture. I guess
in a few weeks of browsing I will have figured it out.

BTW, is there a debug flag somewhere which makes menus jump back into
place and windows redraw slowly ? I have trouble with a nihongo squeak
image that Abe-san donated and which is behaving strangely in my unexpert
hands.

Am I alone in having a bad day ?

Edmund