Squeak on WinCE HPC MIPS?

Aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Tue Jul 16 15:30:59 UTC 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Monday 15 July 2002 05:20 pm, Aaron J Reichow wrote:
> > <plug> Of course, I wouldn't mind buying an HP 720 or 820, or a NEC
> > 800/880 off of someone at an extra-low cost- think of it as
> > subsidizing my Squeak PDA work, and endowing a poor college student
> > with a brighter future :P Info @ http://dynapad.swiki.net </plug>
>
> And there's also the IBM Workpad z50, which has the same processor and
> an 800x600 screen, and a "real" pointing device, so Squeak works
> better... Though it's been discontinued, it wouldn't be surprising to
> find one on eBay. They've been going for $130 to $250 or so. And you
> can get a 32Mb memory expansion for $16 on eBay as well.

Indeed, the z50 has interested me for a while.  However, it interested me
as a laptop, or main machine.  (I've small requirements- Squeak and a web
browser) However, I have an iBook, which is signifigantly larger, but of
the same form factor.  I'm hoping to get something that is small enough
that I don't mind carrying it around, but with a keyboard for coding.

Aaron