Squeak on WinCE HPC MIPS?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 16 17:32:45 UTC 2002

Aaron <reic0024 at d.umn.edu> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>
> > You'll have to find a version of GCC that can actually do its job
> > properly.
[snip]
> Then what is the deal with the Sharp Zaurus SL-5500/5000D- which uses a
> 206 MHz SA?  Is it running at half of the speed at which it should?  I
> asked around some on #handhelds.org, and I was told by more than one
> developer that they compile with optimizations, and with no problems.
Hopefully they've finally (after at least a couple of years I think)
fixed the compiler, or their code simply doesn't trigger the problem.
It's something to do with function prologues and floating point
instructions and the float emulator/library in use. I tried getting some
interest from the toolchain caretakers but it didn't seem to excite them
much. I think Kevin & Yoshiki were also trying to get some assistance -
both for Zaurus stuff if I remember right. I'd like to find a fixed
compiler/whatever to suit my old netwinder so  could actually use it for
something. It would allow me to compile an optimised visualworks as
well.

tim

Strange OpCodes: ESBD: Erase System and Burn Documentation