Squeak 3.2 is out!

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Wed Jul 17 01:07:23 UTC 2002

Folks -

I have just put out the final release of Squeak 3.2.  Many thanks to everyone who contributed code, suggestions, and testing.  A special thanks also to Scott Wallace who called my attention to numerous omissions and who sat in the hot seat himself for a time.

The final release is Squeak3.2.zip in the 3.2 folder (renamed from 3.2gamma) at

	ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/

We hope, in a way, that this is a non-event;  that horrid problems don't crop up tomorrow, and that those who have been forced to use various gamma images as a base for ongoing work will find that the final 3.2 is nearly indistinguishable.

My personal feeling is that, while it may be bloated and inconsistent in places, Squeak 3.2 is still about the coolest Care Package you can imagine for that certain kind of person.

Enjoy

	- Dan