[Squeak] Need for GUI-Building-Tool

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Jul 17 17:35:18 UTC 2002

yampa at mindspring.com wrote:

> So, I decided to not add any more widgets to what I already had working, and
> just fill in the framework until it was stable.  Then I will write detailed
> documentation so that anyone can understand how to add widgets.  Once you read
> the documentation, and see the widgets that already work, it shouldn't be
> difficult for someone else to add more widgets, so I'm hoping that others
> would like to contribute.  It is a lot harder to collaborate on the
> fundamental framework, so I feel I should be spending my time on that part.

Sounds like an excellent plan.  The surest way to never release anything is to keep adding new features. :-)

Looking forward to the release.  I think once you release the beefed-up framework with the drap & drop builder, more people will start using it, and folks will contribute the remaining widgets.

- Doug Way
  Detroit, MI