Lisp AND Squeak

reic0024 at d.umn.edu reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Jul 17 14:58:30 UTC 2002

HNBeck at t-online.de (Hans Beck) wrote:
> has anyone tried to fit Lisp/Haskell and Squeak togehter ?
> In the most simple case, one would call a Lisp (Haskell) program. But
> how to get the results ? Would this be nice in named primitives or FFI ?
> The more mature case, calling the Lisp (Haskell) by put a lisp (haskell)
> code as parameter ? The same question - named primitves or not, how get
> the results  ?

I was working on Tk bindings for Squeak by using a TCP/IP connection to
STk (Scheme/Tk).

> And finaly the wizard solution, integrating a forein (not-squeak) VM
> into squeak ... would this be possible or at least thinkable ?

Sure, especially using an RPC protocol like SOAP or XML-RPC.

> Has anyone experience expecially with clisp or the glasgow haskell
> compiler/interpreter ?

Someone did some work using Squeak as an IDE for Haskell, specifically
hugs I believe.  Unfortunately, the page where you could find the work
is quite dead and doesn't seem to be coming back. Some of it is still
available via the way back machine, but I'm not sure if the ChangeSets
can be grabbed there.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.numeric-quest.com/haskell/smarte
st.html

Aaron