Lisp AND Squeak

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jul 18 10:00:42 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 07:58:30PM +0500, reic0024 at d.umn.edu wrote:
> HNBeck at t-online.de (Hans Beck) wrote:
> > has anyone tried to fit Lisp/Haskell and Squeak togehter ?
> > In the most simple case, one would call a Lisp (Haskell) program. But
> > how to get the results ? Would this be nice in named primitives or FFI ?
> > The more mature case, calling the Lisp (Haskell) by put a lisp (haskell)
> > code as parameter ? The same question - named primitves or not, how get
> > the results  ?

> > Has anyone experience expecially with clisp or the glasgow haskell
> > compiler/interpreter ?
>
> Someone did some work using Squeak as an IDE for Haskell, specifically
> hugs I believe.  Unfortunately, the page where you could find the work
> is quite dead and doesn't seem to be coming back. Some of it is still
> available via the way back machine, but I'm not sure if the ChangeSets
> can be grabbed there.
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.numeric-quest.com/haskell/smarte
> st.html

That was Jan Skibinski <jans at numeric-quest.com>. The last communication
I had from Jan was in November 2000, and the original web links were:

        www.numeric-quest.com/haskell/smartest.html
        www.numeric-quest.com/haskell/Hugs.st (linked from the above)

The numeric-quest.com name appears to be still registered, but not
on line.