Squeak crashes Windows 98 (Blue screen)

Joseph Frippiat joseph.frippiat at skynet.be
Thu Jul 18 22:03:48 UTC 2002

Since I use Squeak on windows 98, I always have the same problem:

If the VM uses Direct Sound, Squeak crashes the first time it plays a
sound after I load a project.  If I run Squeak without loading a
project, everything works perfectly.

I suppose it is a problem with the driver of my sound card.  But there
is a link with the project loading.

I will appreciate to get some advice.

By the way, how to configure the VM not to use Direct Sound.  Now I must
disable it in the VM preferences every time I run Squeak.  This option
doesn't seem to be available in the squeak.ini file.

Thanks

Joseph Frippiat