[BUG] Preferences hanging on to obsolete classes

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Fri Jul 19 06:55:42 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> observed...

>Print this:
>
>Smalltalk obsoleteBehaviors size
>
>which in the 3.2 image I have returns 15,
>then do this:
>
>Preference allInstances do: [ :pref | | target |
>	target _ (pref instVarNamed: 'changeInformee').
>	(target isBehavior and: [ target isObsolete ]) ifTrue: [
>		pref instVarNamed: 'changeInformee' put: (Smalltalk at: target name
>ifAbsent: []). ] ]
>
>Then print this again:
>Smalltalk obsoleteBehaviors size
>
>now it says 0.

Ned -

Many thanks!

This is one of the steps I take routinely in making a release, but I didn't have a chance to track down all the obsoletes this time.

Since Bruce hasn't made up all the packages yet, I performed your little remedy, and stored the result over the file on UIUC, so 3.2 should go out just a little bit cleaner thanks to you.

	- Dan