[BUG] Preferences hanging on to obsolete classes

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Fri Jul 19 04:01:09 UTC 2002

Print this:
    Preference allInstances size

Do we *really* need 263 preferences?
2**263 versions of Squeak sounds like a few too many.
It's a bit daunting.

It would be nice if there were a rule: no Preference without a Swiki page.

Speaking of preferences, it's only since playing with 3.2 that I have
realised what a stunningly good idea it was for Smalltalk to put the
scroll bar on the left.  Everything else I use has scroll bars on the
right, so familiarity should make the out of the box look better?  No,
I keep being annoyed at having to drag the mouse a long distance just
to scroll.  "Modern" isn't always better.

(Now, how do I get my X Window terminal emulator to put its scroll bar on
the left?)