WinCE on HPC/Pro: not using all the display?

reic0024 at d.umn.edu reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Jul 19 19:23:30 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> I have a NEC MobilePro 770, and I'm using the WinCE VM from
> http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/WinCE/
>
> I wanted to give Alan a picture. However, the bottom of the display
> has a stripe that it's not painting, about 20 pixels or so tall.
>
> Is there some way I can get rid of this?
>
> Is this perhaps something that is done on PPC machines and shouldn't
> be done on HPC/Pro machines?

Is this strip there even when it's in full screen mode?  On PocketPC,
there's such a strip, and the Squeak window itself is in a beveled frame
perhaps 4 pixels wide.  The strip at the bottom, however, is the WinCE
menubar, and while Squeak doesn't give you any menu options, you can
change input method.  Doesn't H/PC have a start menu/taskbar down there?

As an aside, I got a little more for my Newton MP2100u than I expected,
so I splurged and got a Jornada 720 instead of a MobilePro 790.  I'm not
sure what I was thinking, but the MobilePro is about 0.5" wider than my
newton, so I'm not sure if I could fit it in my back pocket, but the
Jornada will fit easily in any pocket.

Aaron