Neat test-driven coding trick

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Jul 21 22:51:17 UTC 2002

On Sunday 21 July 2002 01:53 pm, danielv at netvision.net.il wrote:
> Probably I'm not the only one that dislikes the tendency of the
> test runner to take two hours to tell me everythings fine.
>
> Enter the power of InfoStringMorphs. Put this in the comment for
> the test you're working on. Doit.
> (InfoStringMorph on: [self name, ' ', self suite run printString])
> openInWorld

Didn't you see my improvements to the TestRunner? You can run selected
groups of tests in the background, with progress bar, etc.

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1177410

Also:

* adds progress notification
* adds a stop button
* You can select which tests you want to run.
* It sorts the test cases by name.
* It works in a MVC project.
* It has a context menu for the selection list
* It allows you to select test cases by pattern

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com