problem running Squeak on Linux under Enlightenment

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Tue Jul 23 15:56:24 UTC 2002

Jason,

On 23 Jul 2002, Jason Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 11:38, Ian Piumarta wrote:
> > Are you in a position to recompile from source?
> I could, if you are pretty detailed about it.

First make sure you have make, cpp, gcc, XFree86-devel, glibc-devel and
kernel-headers RPMs installed.

Grab Squeak-3.2-5devel.src.tar.gz from www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak
and then do this:

  tar xfz Squeak-3.2-5devel.src.tar.gz
  cd Squeak-3.2-5devel
  mkdir bld
  cd bld
  ../platforms/unix/config/configure
  make

If that fails for any reason (probably an RPM I forgot to mention above)
let me know (directly -- no need to clutter the list with this stuff).
Once you can build it I'll send you a different sqXWin to drop into the
sources.

Ian