Squeak on Hard Drive MP3 Player/Recorders?

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Tue Jul 23 20:03:53 UTC 2002

This might seems a strange question, but hey, I've been on this list
long enough to believe there is no such thing. :)

I just purchased an Archos Jukebox Recorder 20 hard drive MP3
player/recorder.

http://www.archos.com/

I know nothing and have found nothing about the hardware running this
device. It has a 20gb hard drive.

I think it would be interesting to have Squeak on devices like this in
the future. It could open up the formats of audio or multimedia
available on these devices. They also have a multimedia/video version of
this device.

This device is also connectable to a PC via USB (1 or 2). This enables
its usage as an extra hard drive and the ability to copy mp3s to the device.

With Squeak on the device it would enable better PC Client access to the
machine to modify some of the content on it.

It could also be an interesting way to add storage to PDAs which have
USB. It has a carrying case with belt loop. I'm sure other brands of
similar devices would have similar characteristics.

I am not qualified to implement such ideas. But just thought I would
toss them out to see what the cognoscenti ;) have to say.

Thanks,

Jimmie Houchin