Squeak on Hard Drive MP3 Player/Recorders?

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Tue Jul 23 20:17:37 UTC 2002

Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> I just purchased an Archos Jukebox Recorder 20 hard drive MP3
> player/recorder.
>
> http://www.archos.com/

Isn't that one nice, I got mine about half a year ago. Definitely makes
the transatlantic flights easier to sit through.

> This device is also connectable to a PC via USB (1 or 2). This enables
> its usage as an extra hard drive and the ability to copy mp3s to the
> device.

Don't make to heavy use of the hard drive, mine blew up after a few
months of heavy usage. My guess it is getting to hot when running for a
long time.

> With Squeak on the device it would enable better PC Client access to the
> machine to modify some of the content on it.

I'm afraid that most (all?) of these type of devices have rather low
powered hardware with minimum amounts of RAM. Although, the warranty on
mine should be over soon and then I can take a look ;-)

Michael

--

  "All of life's big problems include the words 'indictment' or
  'inoperable'. Everything else is small stuff." -- Alton Brown