question - blocks

haldane haldane at pop3.poptel.org.uk
Sun Jul 21 15:09:35 UTC 2002

can anyone help

how do you get around this problem.  I've simplified it to try and make it
more clear but basically:

|temp|
temp := (1 to: 100) collect: [:i|  Nothing message: [i]].

where message: aBlock,  is an instance creation message sent to some class
Nothing,

The problem is that I end up with a whole lot of instances of Nothing which
all still contain the i,  and to make maters worse,  the value of i for all
instances is its last value,  ie in this case 100.

How can I force the i inside the [] to the number it represents.????????

Hope this makes sence!