Different solution to Swiki control

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Thu Jul 25 02:34:00 UTC 2002

I'd love to see something like advogato's trust metric implemented on
Swikis (indeed, I shall be doing something similar, soonish, I hope :)).

There's a very nice python implemention (pymmetry).

The basic idea is that various members of the community would
"certify" each other, at various levels. Only people with a certain rating
could perform certain activities (say, modify the front page, upload
files, etc.). We'd have a "seed" of three or four people from whom the
trust would flow.

We could even modify things a little so that uncertified/random edits get
submitted to a pool of trusted volunteers for moderation/approval.

Pymmetry:
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/pymmetry

Advogato seems down for the moment :)

Trust metrics how to:
	http://www.levien.com/free/tmetric-HOWTO.html

Either wrapping the C code, or porting it (or the python) code shouldn't
be a tough job, and modifying the Swiki accordingly is straightforward.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.