Animorphic ST (Strongtalk) released!

Stephen Pair spair at acm.org
Thu Jul 25 13:31:35 UTC 2002

To me, working with Strongtalk felt like it was a specialized form of
SUnit testing.  For instance, one of the options in Strongtalk is to
perform some form of type validation on a class (and I think there were
several levels of checking available).  This to me felt like running an
SUnit test suite.

And, as I've said before, I think the typing should be optional for both
the writer and the reader (meaning that any attempt to do this in Squeak
should take into consideration that even though the author of a method
may have included type annotations, the reader may not want to see
them).

My feeling is that the sweet spot for typing will fall somewhere between
the Strongtalk system and SUnit testing.

- Stephen