Free Smalltalk License (RE: MySQL-Driver)

Stephen Pair spair at acm.org
Thu Jul 25 13:38:34 UTC 2002

Yeah, but that wouldn't be in the Smalltalk tradition of re-implementing
everything in Smalltalk terms.  ;)

Also, I think part of the issue is getting others in the Smalltalk
community to accept and adopt the license.  Having a community adopted
"Free Smalltalk License" would go a long way toward building that
consensus.  We might even want two licenses that implement Smalltalk
variants of the "free" vs. "open" licenses (where the "free" variant has
some restrictions regarding certain commercial uses).  Call them the
"Free Smalltalk License" and the "Open Smalltalk License".

- Stephen