ERROR

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jul 26 20:06:10 UTC 2002

On Friday 26 July 2002 12:35 pm, Gustavo Pistoia wrote:
> Hi.
>   I'm new in squeak & smalltalk.
>   Suddenly I got the following message when I click on the message
>

>   There may be a problem with your sources file!
>   The source code for every method should start with the method
> selectorbut this is not a case....

If this is the first time you started Squeak, it's possible that your
sources file is damaged.

How did you get your SqueakV3.sources file? Is it possible that your
unzip program changed the line endings (this is a special problem on
Windows, where each line ending takes 1 byte too many)?

If you still have the original distribution of the SqueakV3.sources
file, you could try unzipping it again, making sure that no line
ending conversions happen.

If this isn't the problem, could you tell us what version of Squeak
you have, and which method this is that you're looking at so we can
take a look at it?

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz